Sunday, October 23, 2016

One Month!!


Hello everybody! It has officially been a month and i only have one more week here at the CCM! It is crazy how fast the time flies here! Everytime i look up it is friday again and it is P Day. I can't believe how fast everything is going by! I am so excited to be in the field though. I am starting to feel pretty confident in my spanish. Well, i feel confident until i talk to a Latino and we make it past the usually small talk conversations and i have no clue what they are saying... I am starting to do better though! We wear a sticker on our name tag that says "solo espanol" so everybody talks to us only in spanish which is good practice. Unless you try and go get your pants hemmed and they won't speak to you in english. Then it is just frustrating and very humbling. i just told them nevermind and didn't get my pants hemmed yet. I'll try again in the field haha. 
On Tuesday we had a really cool devotional. Bonnie Oscerson, the young womens general president, came and spoke to us. She did really well and it was really enlightening experience for me. Everybody was running around like their heads were chopped off because someone important was here... I can't even imagine what it is like when an apostle comes here. Any day is a good day when you get to eat pizza and hear the General Young Womens President speak in the same day. I continue to feel the spirit every day and have so much fun. I am growing to love this place so much fun and it will be a little bit hard to say goodbye, ecspecially to my companion. i am very excited for the field though so i don't think it will be too hard. Plus my companion is serving in Torreon as well so ill probably see him again sometime!
I already love the Latino people so much. They are so funny once you can actually talk to them. They are all trying to learn some english and we are oobviously trying to learn spanish so we teach eachother at meals. They are really funny and ive grown to love talking to them. I am excited to serve the Latinos in Torreon and i know that i will have the same love for them!
It was a pretty normal week. Weather is still nice, food is okay but starting to get a little old. I'm having lots of fun and learning so much. Overall, just another awesome week but i don't have much to tell you guys. I will finish with a funny story that happened this week!
So there is a cat that lives here with in the walls of the CCM. It is a very beautiful cat but we have notice that it is super skiddish. Me and my companion had a goal to try and pet it while we were here. One night while studying outside the cat ran by us into the bush's. We went over there and lured it out and eventually it came close enough to the point where i could pet it. Everytime i got close enough to touch it, it ran away though. After like 5 minutes of making friends with the cat it finally liked us enough to the point where we could pick it up. We took a picture real quick that i will send you. We are so proud of ourselves because we have never heard of anyone that has been able to hold the cat. We are in a very exclusive club of people that have held the cat. Who ever said that hard work doesn't pay off!
I love you all and hope you are all doing awesome. Thank you for your support. Keep working hard in everything you do and never forget "nunca dejen de tratando!"
Can't wait to be able to write you all again next week!
Elder, Wright

1. The cat. AS you can see i was very happy to see the cat..
2. We decorated for halloween


No comments:

Post a Comment