Sunday, October 23, 2016

General Conference!

Hello freinds and family! I hope you are all doing amazing!! Things here at the CCM ( "say/say/emaye" there is your spanish proununciation guide because it sounds cooler in spanish) are just amazing! I am continuing to progress in everything. The spanish is going pretty well, it is easy to stop working as hard at this point becuase you feel like you know a lot of vocabulary but I am trying to keep working hard. We are still teaching fake investigators in spanish and we are starting to be able to do it without notes and just by memory, which is an awesome feeling. I feel like i grew spiritually a ton this week! General Conference was awesome and i hope you all got to watch it! Check out the talk on Joy by Russel M. Nelson. It was my favorite because it focused on the joy this gospel can bring into evryone's life, even in hard times. I had lots of question going into Conference and so many of them were answered! We also got to sing Called To Serve in english for the first time here becuase they sang it in conference. We sing it all the time in spanish but it was so cool to do it in English. Singing Called to Serve in the MTC has always been a dream of mine and i finally got to do it. Also i got to go to the temple again today with my district and that was awesome! Overall, it was just an awesome week spiritually.

Me and my companion get along perfectly, it is amazing. Everybody asks us if we knew eachother before the mission or something becuase we get along so well. I think they are all a little jealous that they don't get along with their companions that well. We have a handshake that is like a minute long and it is famous in our district, zone, and kind of even around the whole CCM. It is pretty awesome, I am not gonna lie. We both decided we miss music A TON because we can't listen to it here. So, we just sing songs all the time to give us a little taste of music. Elder Wood leaves in a couple of days and that is going to be sad. It has been nice having him here, i see him all the time and he makes everything so fun.

I guessed i jynxed the weather because it hasn't rained since like Sunday and now it is kinda hot. We don't have air conditioning in our house so we jsut leave the windows open, but it is still really hot at night. It makes me feel like I'm at home because that's how hot mom liked to keep the house at home haha!! There is also like a mosquito infestation here. It is really weird, they don't bite us though. I have only gotten bit like twice and i probably see like 500 mosquitos a day. I guess they don't like my greasy american blood or something...

I forgot to tell you all this last week but the sounds you hear here at the CCM are awesome. There is constantly loud bangs going off and we play the game called "Guess that sound: Canon, Firework, or gunshot." Im convinvced we have heard all three multiple times. The catholics like to shoot off canons and fireworks everytime it's a Saints birthday (which is everyday, I am not even joking). Some Saints get more love than others though, i think it's kind of funny. Our house is also by a busy street so we here honking at all hours of the night. You just get used to it and youre so tired you fall asleep right away anyways. The best is on Friday and Saturday nights there is ALWAYS fiestas going on and they just blare music. So we get to fall asleep to the sound of music and it's so loud it sounds like its coming from right outside our window. Gotta love Mexico!

Things are still awesome here and i am loving every moment of it. Even when i have been in the same classroom for 13 hours with the same 10 people, i just think about what i am doing, and im still glad im there. I hope you are all doing well and loving life. After all that's what life is for, to be happy. I have never been happier than my time here at the CCM. I know that the gospel is respondisble for all of my happiness and it blesses each and every one of our lives everyday! Keep doing awesome things and "nunca dejen de tratando" ("never stop trying" at least im pretty sure that's how you say it) I love you all and I'll talk to you again in a week!

-Elder Wright

1. My comp and some elders from my district
2. There is this awesome garden in front of the dinning hall so we call the "garden of eat'n"
3and6. my favorite tie because most of you have your names on it
4. City of Mexico
5. Awesome sunrise (reminded me of Colorado)





No comments:

Post a Comment